THE PR FUTURIST
PR FUTURIST | ENTREPRENEUR | NED | SPEAKER | BOARD ADVISOR |
LECTURER | AUTHOR | CAMPAIGNER | CHARTERED PR PRACTITIONER
Stuart Bruce is recognised internationally as a thinker and doer on the future of public relations, communications and corporate affairs. He is the founder and CEO of crisis communications and reputation management consultancy Stuart Bruce Associates and the co-founder and joint MD of Purposeful Relations, the digital transformation consultancy for the PR and communications industry. He publishes the acclaimed PR Futurist blog where he writes about the future of public relations and corporate affairs.
Stuart is an elected member of the global Executive Committee of the World Communication Forum Association (WCFA) in Davos and on the PR Council of the Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA). He is a former board director of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR). He is an experienced non-executive director and has also served on the boards of a large social housing organisation, charities and community interest companies.
As well as running two businesses advising businesses, governments and organisations around the world, Stuart is also a keynote speaker, awards judge, visiting university lecturer, political campaigner and advocate for corporate purpose.
Stuart Bruce Associates is a public relations consultancy specialising in crisis communications and reputation management. We work with companies, organisations and high net worth individuals. We provide crisis communications planning, preparation, training, simulations, management and media training.
Purposeful Relations is a digital transformation consultancy for public relations, communications and corporate affairs. Through our CommsTransform™ platform, we revolutionise the performance of PR agency and in-house communications teams. We provide consultancy and training to improve teams and use communications technology to maximum effect.
Book a PowerHour with Stuart Bruce for a live 60-minute video call to receive one-to-one support to help you with your professional challenges.
I’m an international speaker and have delivered keynote speeches in many countries including Croatia, Estonia, India, Iran, Kenya, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom. Examples include:
- Davos World Communication Forum | Davos, Switzerland
- IATA Global Crisis Communications Summit | Istanbul, Turkey
- Economic Times Corporate Communications Summit | Mumbai, India
- World Communication Forum | Kyiv, Ukraine
- Ultimate Non-Executive Director Conference | London, United Kingdom
- European Lotteries Association | Zagreb, Croatia
- Gender Pay Gap | House of Commons | London, England
- International Public Relations Symposium | Tehran, Iran
- EACD Ethics in Public Relations | Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Reputation Measurement at PR Force | Moscow, Russia
- World Conference on Public Relations and Communications in Emerging Economies | Nairobi, Kenya
- Reputation in Oil, Gas and Mining | London, United Kingdom
- Total Marketing Conference | Tallin, Estonia
- Social Media in a Corporate Context | Amsterdam, Netherlands
Please get in touch to discuss how I can add value to your conference or event. I deliver keynote speeches, moderate events and participate in panels. I speak at commercial conferences, professional events and in-house conferences.
Recent topics have included:
- Future of public relations, communications and corporate affairs
- Crisis communications
- Value of reputation and relationships
- Communication measurement and evaluation
- Technology for communications, public relations and corporate affairs
- Social media for corporate communications
- Effective political and issues campaigns
- Capabilities and skills for PR, public affairs and communications
I often provide an expert PR and communications perspective on current events such as Facebook’s data scandals, the invasion of Ukraine and P&O’s sacking all of its employees.
I also provide quotes and by-lined articles on specialist public relations and communications topics such as crisis communications, measurement and evaluation, data and analytics, and PR and communications technology.
Please get in touch if you need an interview, quote or by-lined article. I’m happy to do studio, down the line, remote, telephone or email interviews.
I am an experienced PR trainer who has trained thousands of public relations and communications professionals from hundreds of companies and organisations. I have delivered face-to-face and remote masterclasses and workshops all over the world, including Australia, Belgium, Germany, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the USA.
I develop and deliver training workshops and masterclasses directly via my businesses to in-house clients, as well as creating and delivering courses for third party professional and trade organisations. These include the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), Institute of Internal Communications (IoIC), PR Academy, Middle East Public Relations Association and Malaysian Institute of Management.
Popular courses include:
- Future of PR and communications
- Combatting fake news
- Risk, issues and crisis communications
- PR and communications strategy
- Communication measurement and evaluation
- Reputation management
- Stakeholder relations
Please get in touch to discuss your bespoke in-house training requirements or find out how you can join one of my open courses with a third-party partner.
newsletters and social
I was one of the first public relations professionals in the world to start a PR blog. I have been blogging continually since 2003. I’m always an early adopter of new digital and social media channels and platforms. As well as my blog the platforms I’m currently using to publish content are :
- Twitter – In January 2007, I was one of the first users of Twitter, just a few months after it started. Today I publish daily updates and commentary on public relations, business and current affairs.
- Mastodon – the new kid on the block. I’m email@example.com
- LinkedIn – updates on the latest content I’ve published and useful news and research from people in my professional network. I’m a LinkedIn Creator, so you can either follow me to see updates, or click on more or the dots to connect with me.
- LinkedIn PR Futurist newsletter – a monthly round-up of developments in public relations, communications and corporate affairs with a focus on professional practice, research and technology.
- Curated PR Futurist newsletter – my Purposeful Relations business curates a fortnightly digest of news, articles and research with a focus on how communications technology is changing the profession.
- Guild – In September 2022 McKinsey said online communities are the big idea for marketing and communications in the 2020s. We set up our Comms Leaders Club community in early 2022. If you’re an in-house PR or comms leader or aspiring leader why not join us. It’s free.
- Personal newsletter – I occasionally send out a personal PR Futurist newsletter which is an update of what I’m up to personally, news from my two businesses and some of the best content I’ve created elsewhere. This newsletter goes to more than a 1,000 colleagues and peers who’ve signed up to it over the many years I’ve been doing it.
- TikTok – I’m a much bigger consumer of TikTok content, than I am a creator. But hopefully, that’s about to change, and I’ll be creating a lot more TikTok videos.
- YouTube – a mix of content including short video summaries of my PR Futurist blog posts which are created using AI video creation.
- Podcast – my PR Futurist podcast is an audio version of my blog and is a mix of spoken content that I’ve narrated and AI generated content with an AI voice reading my blog content, so you can consume it as an audio podcast.
- Facebook – my personal Facebook is mainly focused on personal updates, local community news and politics. We also have Facebook pages for Stuart Bruce Associates and Purposeful Relations.
- Instagram – not my favourite social media platform, but I occasionally share personal photos and use it to promote content from my blog.
PR Futurist blog
Francis Ingham: A tribute to a PR legend
I first met Francis Ingham at around about the time he left his role at the CIPR (Chartered Insitute of Public Relations) to join the […]
Edelman Trust Barometer 2023 upsets the PR Twitterati
Step back a few years and it seemed the entire PR industry (as it exists on Twitter, LinkedIn and blogs) fawned over Edelman’s annual launch […]
Don’t be shy.
The fastest way to get in touch is to give me a call on +44 7852 135456 or email me.
Book a free 15-minute video consultation to discuss how you can benefit from working with me or one of my companies.