Stuart Bruce is an experienced non-executive director (NED) who has served on the boards of chartered bodies, social housing organisations and charities. He is now actively seeking new NED roles within both businesses, the public sector and the third sector.
As a consultant Stuart advises companies, governments and not for profit organisations. He brings this experience and expertise to his NED roles to provide executive management teams, investors and funders with guidance and counsel on:
- Corporate purpose and social responsibility
- Digital transformation and innovation
- Reputational risks and opportunities
- Communications and stakeholder relationships
- Political and social environment
- Leadership and teamworking
- Critical thinking, creativity and strategy
- Governance and ethics
Based on his experience and professional interests Stuart is particularly interested in working with:
- Agency and consultancy businesses in the UK or overseas
- Northern-based start-up and scale-up businesses
- Businesses with a ‘purpose’ that benefits society
- Public sector and not for profit organisations
- Social housing
Stuart is a chartered member and fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) and accountable to its rigorous Professional Code of Conduct. He is also a member of the Public Relations and Communication Association (PRCA) and a fellow of the International Association for the Measurement and Evaluation of Communications (AMEC).
He has served on the council of the CIPR and on its board from 2017-19. From 2019 to 2021 he sat on the UK PR Council of the PRCA. He currently sits on the Global Executive Committee of the Davos World Communication Forum Association (WCFA) which is a Swiss-registered international not-for-profit association.
In 2007 Stuart was the co-founder one of the UK’s first digital and social media PR agencies. It was shortlisted for the PRWeek Best New Consultancy Award and in just two years became a PRWeek Top 150 Consultancy with clients like Sony Mobile, Unilever, HSBC, First Direct, PayPal, GlaxoSmithKline, NHS, and Discovery Channel. The business won multiple awards for digital and social media campaigns. Stuart made a successful exit in 2011.